So I'm sure someone somewhere has thought of this idea already, but so did I, and I thought it cool enough to actually take the time and share it, so here it is. I don't typically wear makeup, but when I do, I have to dig through a zip-lock bag (seriously) to find what I'm looking for. Since I'm on this crafty DIY kick thanks in part to Elizabeth Eljdid with her inspiring pictures, I figured there had to be a more organized and aesthetic way to deal with my makeup. This is what I came up with and this is what you'll need:
- A frame (check out your local thrift shop) any size will do depending on how much makeup you have
- Piece of sheet metal. I got mine from Lowe's and I got a piece thin enough that I could cut with tin snips. Lowe's would probably cut it to size for you if need be. Aluminum is not thick enough for the magnets. I tested it at Lowe's and it was a no go. You'll need the sheet metal to fit the size of the frame.
- Fabric of your choice. Enough to cover the sheet metal
- Smallest metal screws you can find
- Spray Adhesive
- Paint or Spray Paint (to paint the frame if you choose)
- Small magnets
- Super Glue
Next, I decided to paint my frame, so I put a couple of coats of Killz (primer) over the original wood. I love this stuff and I use it on everything.
And behold the finished product. Not only is it practical, but it's pretty too :)